Email sent to Mississauga Judicial Inquiry Counsel asks the obvious question –and then asks who else asked it.
August 20th, 2011
For the record, this email was just sent to Mississauga Judicial Inquiry Counsel, William McDowell and Naomi Loewith asking the obvious question about Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion’s Trade “Mission” to Brazil that delayed the release of the Judicial Inquiry’s report until after the September 19, 2011 Ward 5 By-election voting.
From: MISSISSAUGA WATCH <email@example.com>
To: William McDowell; Naomi Loewith; Gerry Timbers; Louie Rosella; Chris Clay; Megan O’Toole; San Grewal; Tom Urbaniak; Royson James; Crystal Greer; Peel Council; City of Brampton Council; John Stewart
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 10:53 AM
Subject: Two Questions regarding Hazel McCallion’s Trade “Mission” to Brazil
[To City of Brampton, Mississauga and Peel city clerks. I ask that this August 20, 2011 email to Mississauga Judicial Inquiry Counsel, William McDowell and Naomi Loewith be added to your earliest September 2011 Council meeting minutes as Correspondence. Thanks.]
Hi Mr. McDowell and Ms. Loewith,
As you know, I’m the citizen-journalist who appeared before the Inquiry requesting to videotape the proceedings. The Commission did one better and actually gave me access to the Inquiry Rogers Cable 10 feeds, and I thank you again for your commitment to the public’s right to know.
I’m writing because you’ve made the decision to delay the release of the Inquiry report until after the Ward 5 by-election.
I’ve got two questions, but first this time line for context:
* Jun 28, 2011 (Missisauga News) Inquiry report after Labour Day
– The much-anticipated final report from the Mississauga judicial inquiry, already delayed several times, will be released sometime after Labour Day.
* June 29, 2011 (Missisauga News) By-election set for September
– Ward 5 residents will go to the polls on Sept. 19 to fill the City Council seat left vacant when former councillor Eve Adams jumped ship to Ottawa.
* Jun 30, 2011 www.brampton.ca Business Headlines & BramFacts
– GTMA Plans Business Mission to Brazil – Brampton Companies Invited to Particpate [sic] …..The Greater Toronto Marketing Alliance (GTMA) is in the planning stages of a return mission to Brazil. The program will run for 5 days from September 12th – 16th and will focus on the Futurecom Conference which will take place in Sao Paulo.
* Jul 22, 2011 TWITTER. Greater Toronto Martketing Alliance announces Business “Mission” to Brazil. gtmatoronto GTMA
– Join the GTMA on a GTA Business Mission to Brazil! Inquire about the early bird special by July 29th > http://t.co/0dBRiNG22 Jul
* Aug 16, 2011 (Missisauga News) Inquiry report delayed
– The much-anticipated release of the Mississauga judicial inquiry report has been pushed back once again because Mayor Hazel McCallion will be out of the country next month….McCallion’s trip is part of the Greater Toronto Marketing Alliance Trade Mission to Brazil, which has been in the works since last fall, said the mayor’s lawyer, Liz McIntyre.
So that’s the sequence of events. Here’s my first question:
Given that McCallion’s lawyer, Liz McIntyre:
– would or should have known that the Mayor’s “Trade Mission” to Brazil had been in the works since last fall, and
– would or should have known by June 28, 2011, that the Inquiry report was scheduled for release after Labour Day, and
– would or should have known by June 29, 2011 that Ward 5 residents will go to the polls on September 19, 2011, then
On what date did McIntyre (or Hazel McCallion) first inform you and Justice Cunningham that she would be out of the country for the Business “Mission” to Brazil?
Has anyone else (ie: Traditional Media, etc) asked you that obvious question?
“‘And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. “Who controls the past,” ran the Party slogan, “controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.”‘ –George Orwell, 1984